These delicious bars are a perfect choice if you find your energy levels dragging by mid-afternoon. They combine the natural sweetness of dried fruit in the dates and almonds with slow-release carbs in the oats, plus healthy fats and a good serving of protein with the nuts and seeds, and the nut butter. This recipe is one of the tasty low GL snacks recipes that form part of my weight loss programmes. See? No deprivation. Enjoy!
olive oil, for greasing
100g mixed seeds
250g rolled oats
8 Medjool dates
100g dried apricots
20ml maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp smooth almond butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin.
2. Chop the almonds, then scatter over a baking sheet with the mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 mins, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, de-stone and roughly chop the dates and apricots.
4. Place the maple syrup, almond butter, dates, coconut oil and 150ml of water in a small saucepan over a low heat. Gently heat for 10 mins, mashing the dates with the back of your spoon, until you have a sticky sauce.
5. Tip the oats, seeds, almonds and apricots into a large bowl and pour over the sauce mixture. Coat everything in the sticky sauce.
6. Pour the mixture onto the baking tin, using a back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 mins, or until golden, then cut into portions.
Say goodbye to yo-yo diets and hello to a whole new you! Click the button to get my free guide 10 Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss to see what really works.
Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting and hello to a whole you new. Enter your details to get my free guide to see what really works. .