This is one of my all-time favourite low GL snacks. It's sweet enough but not so sweet that your blood sugar levels will get out of whack and you'll start piling on the pounds. It's part of the low GL diet plan I use with my clients to help them lose weight without really feeling deprived! The oats provide slow-release energy to take you to your next meal.
Makes 12 flapjacks
150g rolled oats
50g dried unsweetened cranberries/ mulberries/ raisins
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2cm fresh ginger
75g coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Chop/ bash the hazelnuts and almonds and place into a large bowl with the oats, dried fruit, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon.
3. Remove the skin from the fresh ginger and grate. Add to the large bowl. Mix all together until well combined.
4. Remove the stone from the dates and roughly chop them. Add them to the bowl.
5. Gently heat up the coconut oil and add the maple syrup. Mix well before adding them to the large bowl. Mix everything together well.
6. Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with baking paper before scraping in the mixture, pressing it into the edges.
7. Bake for approximately 25-30 mins until golden brown around the edges.
Who's for trying?
Click the image below to pin to Pinterest.
Say goodbye to yo-yo diets and hello to a whole new you! Click the button to get my free guide 10 Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss to see what really works.
Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting and hello to a whole you new. Enter your details to get my free guide to see what really works. .