Shop-bought granola will not set you off to a good start in the morning. Practically all are filled with sugar that will upset your blood sugar balance (but skip to the bottom of the blog for the one I do recommend). But right now, feast your eyes on this: the perfect low GL granola. It's paleo in that it doesn't contain any grains but you'd be very welcome to chuck in a cup or two of oats and up the amount of coconut oil and maple syrup to compensate.
100g almonds, roughly chopped 50g walnuts, roughly chopped 50g pecans, roughly chopped
50g unsweetened coconut flakes 25g ground almonds
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt (optional)
20g pure maple syrup
20g coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
3. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, fold until well mixed.
4. Pour onto the baking sheet into an even layer.
5. Bake for 15 mins. Gently turn granola, bake for an additional 5-10 mins, until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool and crisp for about 30 minutes. Enjoy with your favourite plain yoghurt and choice of berries.
7. Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months.
Say goodbye to yo-yo diets and hello to a whole new you! Click the button to get my free guide 10 Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss to see what really works.
Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting and hello to a whole you new. Enter your details to get my free guide to see what really works. .