This is one of my absolute favourite low LG vegetarian dinner recipes and it's packed full of goodness. If you are trying out 'could I be vegetarian?' this is a great place to start. The killer combination of the beans, lentils and butternut squash... well, you just have to taste it.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
300g butternut squash, peeled and cubed 1 tsp chilli powder, 1tsp ground cumin 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 veg stock cube
400g can mixed beans, rinsed
(or your choice of beans)
400g green lentils, rinsed
Salt + pepper to taste
Bunch chopped coriander for serving
1 avocado, diced, for serving
1. In a large saucepan, gently sauté the onion, chilli pepper, red pepper and garlic in the coconut oil.
2. Add the butternut squash and mix in the chilli powder and cumin.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, then add the beans and lentils, followed by the water and stock cube.
4. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
5. Serve with fresh coriander and sliced avocado
6. If you are especially hungry, serve with 2-3 tablespoons of cooked rice or quinoa per person and lots of green veg!
Say goodbye to yo-yo diets and hello to a whole new you! Click the button to get my free guide 10 Secrets of Lasting Weight Loss to see what really works.
Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting and hello to a whole you new. Enter your details to get my free guide to see what really works. .