What you need to know right now about your health, losing weight, hormones + fertility
These delicious bars are a perfect choice if you find your energy levels dragging by mid-afternoon. They combine the natural sweetness of dried fruit in the dates and almonds with slow-release carbs in the oats, plus healthy fats and a good serving of protein with the nuts and seeds, and the nut butter. This recipe is one of the tasty low GL snacks recipes that form part of my weight loss programmes. See? No deprivation. Enjoy!
olive oil, for greasing
100g mixed seeds
250g rolled oats
8 Medjool dates
100g dried apricots
20ml maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp smooth almond butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin.
2. Chop the almonds, then scatter over a baking sheet with the mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 mins, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, de-stone and roughly chop the dates and apricots.
4. Place the maple syrup, almond butter, dates,...
This is one of my all-time favourite low GL snacks. It's sweet enough but not so sweet that your blood sugar levels will get out of whack and you'll start piling on the pounds. It's part of the low GL diet plan I use with my clients to help them lose weight without really feeling deprived! The oats provide slow-release energy to take you to your next meal.
Makes 12 flapjacks
150g rolled oats
50g dried unsweetened cranberries/ mulberries/ raisins
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2cm fresh ginger
75g coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Chop/ bash the hazelnuts and almonds and place into a large bowl with the oats, dried fruit, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon.
3. Remove the skin from the fresh ginger and grate. Add to the large bowl. Mix all together until well combined.
4. Remove the stone from the dates and roughly chop them. Add them to the bowl.
5. Gently heat...
Say goodbye to yo-yo dieting and hello to a whole you new. Enter your details to get my free guide to see what really works. .